The Lancaster County Firefighter’s Education Foundation (LCFEF) is a 501,C-3 non-profit dedicated to the education and training of the public, firefighter’s, and emergency medical services personnel in Lancaster County. The LCFEF was created by and sponsored by the Lancaster County Firemen’s Association (LCFA).
Our mission is to provide funding specifically for education and training in the following initiatives:
- Public education in fire safety and prevention through programs in concert with local fire departments. One of the tools we have is a fire safety trailer that provides a simulated fire situation for children and adults to safely evacuate a burning home or building. The trailer is taken to local fire departments, schools, and other community events to provide this opportunity.
- Provide funding for training and certification of Lancaster County volunteer firefighters in national and state required courses necessary to serve their community.
- Provide funding for high-school students who successfully pass certification testing for National Registry Emergency Medical Technician.
- Provide an annual scholarship to a high-school student graduating from the Protective Services Academy of the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center for post-secondary education. The scholarship is in the amount of $1,000.00 per year, renewable up to 4 years.
- Provide grants to local fire departments to assist with funding of Junior Firefighter recruitment, training, and education.
- Provide funds and equipment to assist the Lancaster County Public Safety Training Center (LCPSTC) deliver basic and advanced courses to our emergency services providers.
- Cover costs for fire departments consumables used during local level department training at LCPSTC.
Please contact us with any questions you may have or if you have suggestions for related initiatives for us to consider.
Consider your tax-deductible donation to our foundation to continue to support the training and education of not only today’s First Responders but those of tomorrow!!!
Together, we can ensure the safety of our children, our community, and our emergency services First Responders.