The Lancaster County Fireman’s Association (LCFA) proudly recognizes exemplary individuals who are members of the association or members of an emergency service organization that is a member of the association. The awards include Firefighter of the Year, EMT of the Year, Distinguished Service Awards, Medal of Valor, Medal of Courage, Life Member, and Executive Citation. Each year, the awards are presented during a special segment of the LCFA Annual Meeting held on the first Saturday in June of each year.
Guidelines for Nominations
- All nominations must be submitted in writing to the Executive Committee of the LCFA no later than April 15.
- Individuals nominated and recipients are not required to be a member of the LCFA. Nominee(s) must be a member in good standing of an Emergency Service Organization that is a member of the LCFA.
- The member Emergency Service Organization may officially nominate one or more of their members for any of the award categories.
- Nomination(s) shall be in writing on official letterhead and signed by the President or Chief and at least one other officer of the organization.
- A full description of the incident, circumstances, action taken or service performed by the nominee in writing must be provided and accompany the letter of nomination.
- The full name, address, email, and phone number of the nominee(s) shall be provided.
- The name, address, phone number, e-mail address of the chief, or board of the company, making the nomination.
- The Emergency Service Organization submitting nominations will be notified of award.
- The award recipient is requested to be present at the LCFA Annual Meeting to receive the award.
- All awards are granted by decision of the Executive Committee of the LCFA
Firefighter of The Year
- This award is presented to an individual of any rank who best exemplifies the positive characteristics of a member of the fire service.
EMT of The Year
- This award is presented to an individual Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic who best exemplifies the positive characteristics of a member of the emergency medical service.
Distinguished Service Award
- This award is presented to a Firefighter or EMS personnel of any rank who has a notable record of service and achievements to a member Emergency Service Organization.
Medal of Valor
- Awarded to a Firefighter or EMS personnel for performance above and beyond the call of duty at extreme personal risk, and being instrumental in rescuing and/or saving another’s life.
Medal of Courage
- Awarded to a Firefighter or EMS personnel who displayed or performed an act of bravery in time of emergency.
Other Awards or Recognition
- Awarded to an individual member in good standing of the LCFA for forty (40) years of membership.
- The executive Board may award an executive citation to one or more individuals at their discretion.