Structural Fire Fighting: Initial Response Strategy and Tactics, 3rd Edition
IFSTA’s Structural Fire Fighting: Initial Response Strategy and Tactics, 3rd Edition prepares the reader to serve as the Incident Commander who must evaluate an incident, assign resources and coordinate the incident plan. This new edition encompasses decision-making during emergency response, especially initial decisions upon arrival, and incident planning. The purpose of this manual is to provide the initial Incident Commander with the strategic and tactical concepts that can be applied to various situations using available resources.
This manual meets the requirements of the Fire and Emergency Services for Higher Education (FESHE) course outcome and outlines for the associates level, noncore course, Strategy and Tactics. This manual broadens the knowledge applicable to the emergency response requirements included in NFPA 1021, Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications.
Key Features of the Text
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
- Training scenarios to focus student learning
- Key Terms and Definitions are included in each chapter
- Warning and Caution Boxes which emphasize safety
- Review questions at the end of each chapter