Ladder Company Fireground Operations
Fire department ladder companies face many challenges. Ladder company personnel are an integral part of fire fighting operations at the fireground, and this book emphasizes the point that fire fighters performing ladder company tasks must be properly trained, possess the proper equipment, and be adequately staffed.
Ladder Company Fireground Operations, Third Edition covers the basic objectives of ladder company work including the assignments of conducting a primary search, rescuing victims, forcing entry, and conducting proper ventilation techniques. This book also emphasizes other areas of importance including pre-incident planning, using standard operating guidelines (SOPs), and working within an Incident Management System (IMS).
The Third Edition includes coverage of the most recent editions of:
- NFPA 14, Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems
- NFPA 1142, Standard on Water Supplies for Suburban and Rural Fire Fighting
- NFPA 1500, Standard for Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health
- NFPA 1620, Recommended Practice for Pre-Incident Planning
- NFPA 1961, Standard on Fire Hose
- NFPA 1901, Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus
Features & Benefits
- Chapter summaries help recap what students have learned in the chapter to assist in preparing for exams.
- Learning objectives identified at the start of each chapter.
- Review questions conclude each chapter to reinforce what students have learned.
- Completely redesigned art program.